Trying to decorate your dorm but can’t invest a lot of money in your space? Here are some easy ways to personalize your dorm without breaking the bank.
1. Pillow Art – Take some of your high school tees, your favorite sports jerseys that you’ve grown out of, concert souvenirs or some other nostalgic pieces and buy some stuffing for a pillow and you’ve got yourself a comfy cushion and a great decorating piece.
2. World Map – These come in canvas, poster and bulletin board form and you can even make your own with stencils and paint.
3. Hat Décor – Take all of your hats and hang them on hooks on your wall or over your door.
4. Movie or TV Poster – Your favorite movies say a lot about who you are and these posters can be great conversation starters for new roommates or friends.
5. Mason Jar Storage – You can find empty, clear mason jars at any craft store like Michael’s or Walmart and they’re super cheap. Combine that with some paint and a brush and you can fill in the inside to match any colors in your room.
6. Stencil Wall Hanging – Grab some scrapbook paper or magazine cutouts and print out free online templates of your favorite shapes or animals and trace away.
7. Jewelry Art – Thrift shops and craft stores have empty frames that you can paint or leave as is for a vintage feel. The display works as storage and art and all of your favorite items will be organized and easy to find.
8. Music Poster – New artists and designers often have to design their own posters for bands and movies that already exist. You can find these on Pinterest or Tumblr or a simple Google image search and they’re free or cheap to download.